• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to change to third party ink?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Interesting stuff. Thanks to all who posted!

I'd be pretty surprised if any printer manufacturer actually makes their own ink. Looking at the cartridges from Mimaki and Roland being virtually identical reinforces this notion. My guess is some factory that specializes in the manufacture of ink sells to both(all?) printer companies. And possibly the third party ink outfits.
Epson makes inks for a lot of different manufacturers, probably most. Older Roland's, if you open the cartridges, the bags actually had Epson decals on them. They come out of the same factory, but use a different formulas and chemicals for each brand. Epson also makes print heads, they all look the same, but every printer manufacturer has their own specs that they make them to.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If they state their inks are chemically compatible, just plug and play.... then I'd just check with them and make sure they guarantee no issues with mixing the inks. If so then just plug the new carts in and do half a dozen or so ink fills and go with it. That is what the vast majority do when switching to an aftermarket chemically compatible ink.

signmeup

Still looking for instructions on how to switch from SS21 to ES3 equivalent ink. "do a flush" does not help me. I don't see a "flush" handle anywhere! Do I find "Flush" in the service mode menu someplace? Or is the menu term not the word "flush" ? I realize no one owes me any info but if someone has the actual procedure and is willing to share it I'd really appreciate it. I'm new to Mimaki so I need to know the actual words to select in the menu.

How about instructions an swapping from ES3 to SS21? maybe more folks go that way? I can reverse engineer those instructions...