• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to charge for istockphoto?

jyl

this is my first time to use istockphoto image for customer.
how do you guys charge for istockphoto image to your customer?
do you make them to buy image? or do you make profit out of it too?

thanks

IIDave

We charge for time spent looking for the images. Our GD will also work up proofs with 2-3 images from istock (before we buy) and let the customer pick.

Good $

threeputt

Looking for artwork on Istock is a part of layout and design. It's the designer's job. You can't separate the two. However you're charging for design, it's a part of that.

The actual cash layout for the license, we pass on to the client. With a small markup. It's never very much.

Pat Whatley

Double the charge, typically, but it's usually just built into the final price without being listed as a separate line item. Looking for art is typically charged out as design time.

Definitely charge for it, and over what it costs you - it took you time to find it, download it, size it, etc. Anything that costs me money, will cost the customer money.