• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to charge for matte wrap?

quicksigns

How do you charge for matte wrap? do you charge the same as a regular wrap, minus the design fee? Marterial seem to cost as much or even more so should I charge a little more?

grafixemporium

Depends what you are wrapping. We charge a premium for matte wraps because you really have to take your time and do them perfect or they wind up looking like crap. Typically they are going on nice, expensive cars... so your liability is much higher too. Damage a $60k Mercedes and that's gonna hit you a little harder than a box truck or cargo van.

Bottom line is, we quote several every week. We hardly ever actually do them because the tools that want to drive around in a matte black coupe don't want to pay for it.

JoshLoring

If its premade solid color material ex. Oracal 970ra we charge regular price if not more. Who cares its cheaper then print and lam.. People are twice as picky with solid color wraps.
We offer the "advertising install" and the "show quality" version. Show quality adds a couple thousand to the price. Why? Cause it's a lot of work to take an entire car apart plus liability plus perfect seamless install.

megacab

for me, solid color matte wraps get quoted out exactly the same way as glossy color wraps +20%.

tyzero

Matte wraps are a pita. ANY spec of dirt, and that means any is a mountain under the wrap. I quote them higher than a normal wrap because it takes a bit longer to do. And the clients who want them are a pita also and will go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb. Did a matte black for a client and he even laid on the ground and inspected the rocker panels with a mirror!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
When I installed wraps ... the only ones we didn't do was matte graphics. Even now, I wince at even doing the slightest bit of matte vinyl on cut graphics and charge more for it since it will show practically every tool mark from installs and look like crap if the customer doesn't take good care of it (about 1% will) plus anything under matte graphics shows through like night and day. If I had a shop vehicle I was going to wrap ... I would put a matte wrap on it ... but then again I would be habitually cleaning the ride of any and all oils and grease and dirt and bird poo and ... list goes on.

PatrickC

Matte wrap

Recently, we have a lot more sales leads for matte wrap and carbon fiber. We wrapped couple of cars last month. One of them was a big monster GMC truck. It was a show car at SEMA. Definitely, it was a lot of work, and needed a lot of patience, but my installer did a great job (worked until 2am to finish, so that the client could take to to Vegas).

Offsite pic replaced. Please read our rules and instructions on photo posting.

Attachments

• IMG4782-L.jpg
    IMG4782-L.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 79

PatrickC

For OP, we charged same as other vinyl (depending on the cost), but minus the design and production labor cost.

wu99wu

why doesn't anyone just put what they charge on this thread?... am i missing something?... excuse me/ i will delete this post if i have done anything wrong...

for example,

matte color vinyl: for a standard size coupe oracal 970ra/ 3m 1080 $2600 ($600 materials, $2k labor split between my partner & i)

matte color vinyl: for a standard size sedan oracal 970ra/ 3m 1080 $3000 ($600 materials, $2400k labor split between my partner & i)

and so on...

ProWraps

why doesn't anyone just put what they charge on this thread?... am i missing something?... excuse me/ i will delete this post if i have done anything wrong...

for example,

matte color vinyl: for a standard size coupe oracal 970ra/ 3m 1080 $2600 ($600 materials, $2k labor split between my partner & i)

matte color vinyl: for a standard size sedan oracal 970ra/ 3m 1080 $3000 ($600 materials, $2400k labor split between my partner & i)

and so on...

because pricing is typically prefered in the premium part of the forum.

so yeah. you are missing something.

signage

wu99wu do you ike for your customers to be abe to see what you pay for material and what you charge for hour?
This forum is searchable!

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
We are wrapping a white semi in flat black (1080) right now in the shop and it is a royal pia. The white pops out of every gap. With the customer's approval we are going to touch up with flat paint in the impossible to reach areas.

Shop temp is critical with 1080. Anything under 70 degrees and it becomes brittle. If it sticks to it self it can tear when pulling apart.

beyondgraffix

Yeah, charge more.
Thanks everybody that helped me with the 970 info. I like it better than 1080.

Attachments

• M6 022.jpg
    M6 022.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 92
  • M6 040.jpg
    M6 040.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 100
  • M6 035.jpg
    M6 035.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 121
  • M6 030.jpg
    M6 030.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 2012-01-16_18-11-54_815.jpg
    2012-01-16_18-11-54_815.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 2012-01-16_19-27-55_624.jpg
    2012-01-16_19-27-55_624.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 69
  • M6 018.jpg
    M6 018.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 89
  • M6 024.jpg
    M6 024.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 103

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Depends what you are wrapping. We charge a premium for matte wraps because you really have to take your time and do them perfect or they wind up looking like crap. Typically they are going on nice, expensive cars... so your liability is much higher too. Damage a $60k Mercedes and that's gonna hit you a little harder than a box truck or cargo van.

Bottom line is, we quote several every week. We hardly ever actually do them because the tools that want to drive around in a matte black coupe don't want to pay for it.

+1

EGI

Yeah, charge more.
Thanks everybody that helped me with the 970 info. I like it better than 1080.

Couple questions on this if you don't mind. First, the job looks really good, well done! Did you get a new BMW logo, to change the blue to red? And what is the red pin stripe down the side? And can you show a more detailed pic of it?