• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to check for a bad fuse?

Jim Hill

I installed a new DX-4 solvent head and the only problem I had was when realized that one of the ribbon cables was not pushed all the way in so my first print did not show anything for the number two head when I did a test print.

My question could that have blown a fuse?

Right now it appears the head is not firing.

Jim

GUnit111

I installed a new DX-4 solvent head and the only problem I had was when realized that one of the ribbon cables was not pushed all the way in so my first print did not show anything for the number two head when I did a test print.

My question could that have blown a fuse?

Right now it appears the head is not firing.

Jim

Yes. I did the same thing. Fuses available through Roland; or solder an inline fuse around the burnt one.

GUnit111

How to you find the fuse that was bad? Is it real noticeable or how did you find it?

Jim

I used a volt meter on either side of the fuse. Had voltage on one side and no voltage on the other side. There was no visual indication the fuse was blown. Took me longer to find the fuse than test it. They are very small.