• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to circuit test a Valuejet main board?

heyskull

Well the last nearly 2 weeks have been rather testing and I have learned a lot.
I have watched the technician we had in and the only thing I can't do is test the main board.
All he did was check about a dozen points for continuity and deemed the board as probably good and after replacing the head and head cable I have a printer that prints like when it was just out of the box.
Don't get me wrong this guy knew what he was doing and charged a very very fair rate. In fact it was a pleasure to find someone that was so obviously well trained on these machines and didn't do what a lot of so called techs do and replace bits till it works.

But this is maybe a question for the techs but were on these boards do you check to see if things are OK?
Seemed rather easy as I am fairly electrical minded and was originally trained as an electrical engineering and still can work my way round a circuit board.