• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to clean fingertips from printed paper

msenjur

Is there any trick on how to clean fingertips from paper?

i printed some bw photos, and some fingertips are visible from installation on kapa foam boards. Tried to clean them with water and alcholol, and nothing worked.

later on i did use gloves, but few pictures has stains... and i would like to clean them...

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
Paper will soak the oils from your hands and change the color of the ink, the only fix I know is to reprint.

unclebun

I saw "fingertips" and somehow I was imagining some kind of Halloween related post with a paper printer cutting off fingertips...

msenjur

hm, it is that bad??

yeah i really did have to reprint few images, but those with small stains i was hoping to be able to clean...

ok, i didnt expect that paper is so sensitive. i need to be more careful next time!!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We used to print posters and mount them to foam boards with spray adhesive. Always hated it. Glue everywhere. Then you’d touch one of the artworks and bam. Fingerprint.

Switched to just mounting matt vinyl to kappa and it’s been a dream since. Also vinyl is a bit easier to clean and slightly harder wearing than regular posters.

msenjur

hehe, same story here.

but customer insisted on paper.

but it was all my mistake, i should get selfadeshive kapa board, and everything would be much easier.