• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to connect SC-540 to Versaworks?

Mafalda

Hi toghether!
I have problem to connect my old SC-540 with Versawork.
The IP number is OK but during the connection with the printer, the software said me: "Cannot find information for rhe device detected. Please make sure the software supports this device".
What I must make?
Thanks to all!
Mafalda

julioramos

i have the same problem! but i update my versaworks to 4.1 and the same advice: "Cannot find information for rhe device detected. Please make sure the software supports this device".

You dont have a free solution for me?

Drip Dry

I never heard of a security dongel for Versaworks... although, I'm been wrong before.
It seems to me that if you have a Roland printer, then you can use Versaworks at no cost.
I'm not sure of the fix for the Op, but I think it may have something to do with the print server software that originally came with the printer. I'm thinking that the computer is not communicating with the Roland (wrong IP address or something)

julioramos

No the problem is not comunication or the IP address, is versaworks. I call the Roland technician an he said me "Versaworks dont works with this version of printer" -.-

Im Frustrated about this :(

So anyone has a copy of colorchoice you can send email? signs.julio@gmail.com

dhawkes

Wide Format Fan
Hello,

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. This printer was never able to work with Roland VersaWorks (RVW). It was originally shipped with a free copy of the Roland ColorRIP, but also has a number of other 3rd party RIP's that are compatable (Flexi, Wasatch, SignLab, etc.). However, if the printer is SC-540EX, we do have a dongled version of RVW. It is not free though; it’s about $1500.

Here is the list of printers that RVW supports:

SP-540V/300V, SJ-745EX/645EX, SC-545EX, SJ-1045EX,AJ-1000/740 AJ-1000i/740i, XC-540/540MT, XJ-740/640/540,VP-540/300, VP-540i/300i, FP-740, RS-640/540, LEC-300/330/300A/540, GX-640/500/400/300, GX-24, SP-540i/300i, VS-640/540/420/300

SP-300, SJ-1000, SJ-540/640/740, SC-540EX ( Hardware Key is required )

If you need additional help, please try our email support: http://www.rolanddga.com/owners/support/email/

Best regards,

Dave Hawkes
Group Product Manager
Roland DGA

expressgraphics

Dave,

CAn we upgrade a SC-540, that runs with the original free rip, so the Versaworks will work with the Printer?>
If yes, what is the procedure...?

Thank you,

Bob

Express Graphics Solutions.

CS-SignSupply

Versaworks is available for the PRO II Printers and list price is $1,495.00

Any Roland Dealer can handle this for you.

You would receive a USB dongle and installation DVD.

If you have any questions that I can help with, feel free to call.

niksagkram

Still avaiable??

Hi. I know this thread is a couple of years old, but is this dongle and DVD still available from Roland??

CS-SignSupply

Roland officially discontinued the Dongled version of Versaworks a while back.

Finding a used copy would be your only option at this point.

woolly

Colourip is the corect rip.wasatch might still do a single printer upgrade for not a lot of money as opposed to the full version and costI still use colourrip 2.2 on my sc540 and versaworks on my vs540 compared colourrip any day for the older machine. Only downside is incompatible with some new fancy pdf files