• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to convert a sign blank to EnRoute and keep the size needed

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Hi,
I am using Flexi to create my traffic signs and can send the Sign Blank to EnRoute to use the CNC Router to cut the Blank out using Aluminum Composite Panels. The only problem is that EnRoute converts it to a different size than from Flexi and EnRoute doesn't have the DesignCentral tab to change your X and Y Cords. Which means, you have to change the size manually. For example: if I want to cut out a 12x18 Blank using the CNC router, I have to send the blank to EnRoute from Flexi. However, when it is sent, it has the exact same blank, only it is a different size than 12x18. Is there a way to send it to have it the correct size? And also, is there a way to use something like a DesignCentral on EnRoute to type the X and Y coordinates like Flexi does?

EnRoute Size Issue.png
Screenshot 2023-10-10 104109.png

Susan Stewart

Sorry, I've never used the EnRoute software. There should be a way to "scale" or "convert" to standard. If you're going to scale, you would scale by 25.4. In other words, 25.4 mm = 1".

JBurton

Signtologist
There should be a setting for metric/standard.
Of course it could also be on Flexi's end, an eps with dimensions set to mm could tell enroute that mm's are the desired units.
Enroute has something like precision coordinate moves, I think it's F2, and you could rescale it with that, but I think the problem is far simpler, somebody ticked mm somewhere.

astro8

In EnRoute, go to Setup/Preferences and click on the Unit tab, then Length.
From that same window you can change to inches, mm whatever.
You can also change your Time and Speed settings.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I use Corel in metric, and Enroute in metric, and export an AI (v3) out of CDR, and import to ER, and it's always the right size.
However, scaling something up in ER, is what I'd call easy. You just do it. There's a scaling/resizing option in the menu on the left. It looks like a shape with an arrow out to the northeast.
Design central' - ? no idea
I use Corel X3 and ER 4.0 however, it sounds like your problem is imperial units. Try metric.
8 ft is 2440mm, 4 ft is 1220mm, 24" is 610 mm, 1" is 25.4 mm
Alternately with Flexi, export as a DXF, and tell it metric 1 unit = 1 mm, and import nito ER, and tell it the same thing - but you'll have to have your original set in metric - or it'll convert 1" to 1 mm