• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to create a e-mail list?

Flame

Ok, this is a very amateur question, but how do you create an e-mailing list? I want to send out promotion e-mails 2-4 times a month, but not sure how to create a list. Here's the details.

I'm using Outlook Express.

I want to send it out as one e-mail, to around several hundred clients, but NOT have them see everyone else that received the e-mail.

I don't want EVERYONE in my address book to receive these e-mails, only a select list.

Anyone want to help me out with this?
:thankyou:

mystysue

Flame.. there are programs out there that can do that.. but the one i used is an opt in, opt out program.. When i get home tonite ill check out where it was that i got the program.. Just make sure when sending bulk emails, that you are aware of the anti-spam legislation so you dont get in any trouble..,.
There are things you need to do like.. make sure you have your name and address in the email and have an opt out button or way that they can opt out and not recieve it anymore

Replicator

open your address book - go to the new tab - choose new group.

add all the people in there that you want in you list . . .

when you want to send out an email . . . click on create new mail

go to the [to] line open the folder for your new group and drag the entire

contents of the folder to the BCC line of the email message . . .

Hope this helps !

Flame

open your address book - go to the new tab - choose new group.

add all the people in there that you want in you list . . .

when you want to send out an email . . . click on create new mail

go to the [to] line open the folder for your new group and drag the entire

contents of the folder to the BCC line of the email message . . .

Hope this helps !

Thanks Replicator.

But here's a question, how do I make it so that each person that receives the e-mail, does NOT see everyone else's addresses? Isn't just putting everyone's e-mail in the CC line still show everyone's e-mail address?

Checkers

Just a heads up flame, if you were to start emailing me twice a month or more, I would quickly unsubscribe from any future mailings.
I'm not familiar with Express, but with Outlook, you can set up a distribution list and do mass mailings that way. I don't have many people on my list, but I do get the impression that if you hae a lot of contacts in your list, it may get bounced as spam.

Checkers

Flame

Guys...... I KNOW about the whole SPAM thing. I am NOT going to spam people. This isn't even for my graphics business!

It's for my promotions business. People sign up to get on my e-mail list to see when the next event is going to be. I'll e-mail them with updates on where stuff is happening.

I am not going to start spamming, please... trust me.

edit: Okay, I got it figured out. Just had to find out how to blind copy stuff. Found the BCC, I'm good to go now. Thanks Replicator!

2NinerNiner2

Flame - another way to do this type of promotion perhaps is to set up a podcast/blog and then send a notice ONCE to your list and they can then subscribe to your feed and be automatically updated whenever you broadcast a new one :) ... let THEM do the 'work' :)

You may want to have a read through the info at www.podbeans.com ... it's easy (heck, I even did it! ... http://dotell.podbeans.com - 'shameless plug! LOL!) and better yet, the basic service is FREE! Plus it's text, audio and video, all in one place! :)

Last edited:

ahollow

Flame,

Replicator said place the names in the BCC (Blind copy), not CC. By doing that, no one will see any names, including their own. You may want to place yourself in CC, just so something shows up there.