• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to Cut a Signature

gunlocators

Ok I just got my cutter in and I am using LXi Master Plus to cut. I also on my mac have CS4 Photoshop and Illustrator I have Bamboo and can capture my signature in illustrator can anyone tell me how to get it to LXi and make it cut? Sorry for probably a easy and stupid question. This is a task I would like to learn so I can cut signatures for others. I fish professional and this vinyl cutting is a new hobby a lot of friends that tournament fish have there name somewhere on thier boat but rarely so I see signatures unless they have thier boat wrapped with a print.

G-Artist

Don't use LXI but it is a very simple matter.

I asume you now have the sig as a bitmap/raster image. Trace it and turn it into a vector.
Save it in whatever format LXI can import. Eps is sort of universal.

thewood

Don't use LXI but it is a very simple matter.

I asume you now have the sig as a bitmap/raster image. Trace it and turn it into a vector.

Why would you suggest not to use LXI? From what I understand, LXI has both bitmap auto-tracing and vector editing tools. Vectorizing a raster signature is completely possible in LXI Master Plus.

G-Artist

I am not familiar with LXI, that's why I prefaced my remark as I did.

In any case, no matter what software is used, the sig. has to be vectorized.

If he were just sending faxes and the like, a bitmap would be ideal if saved as a WMF
file so it can be scaled slightly as needed.

There are at least a 1/2 dozen sites on the Web that will convert your sig into a font.
Prices range from $10 TO $100. Or you can get some free DIY software and have some fun.
Just like making a wingding/bat.