• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to display a free standing horizontal banner at trade show?

njsignguy

I have a customer who will need a banner made for a trade show this wknd. The banner is 2'h x 10'w. His booth does not have a wall behind him, he is out in the middle of the floor. Event is indoors so there will be not wind. I have to come up with a solution to hang this banner behind his table setup.

I was thinking of having a two 5 gallon buckets filled with sand with some 1" 1/2 pvc pipe sticking upright from it and attach the banner sides to it. Banner will be hung about 9' from the floor

Any ideas?

Im looking for more of a homemade or cheap solution to this. This is a 2 hour event and will not be used again.

Thank You

CentralSigns

Dude, just sell him a banner. You don't get paid to figure out the logistics of banner hanging at his trade show booth, do you? I certainly don't, banners sell too cheap to put much effort into them.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd check out a canopy supply store.
2 legs, 2 elbows, a cross bar and 2 1/4 steel plates with a sleeve welded in place.
Same set up used at events to hang cloth partitions. It would be cheap, stable, easy to move and assemble. If he does not want to buy it outright, rent it to him and then resell or rent it to the next guy.

Problem solving is part of the customer service that is going to differentiate you from some quick copy place who's service ends at the counter.

wayne k
guam usa

Pat Whatley

The buckets and PVC will work but you're going to need to run a piece horizontally. The weight of the banner will pull the two poles down if you don't. As far as looks you might want to consider doing a pole pocket instead of tying it. Paint the PVC flat black, wrap the buckets with fabric and be done with it.

GoodPeopleFlags

It seems to me that this type of thing, where the customer only needs it for a couple of hours and doesn't want to buy a "real" banner stand, you actually end up spending more time trying to come up with a solution, then going to Home Depot, then building it... in the end it would be cheaper for them to buy the banner stand. Buckets with sand would look very unprofessional.