• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to dispose/recycle old printer

Lindquist

We replaced our Colorspan 72UVX last year, and ever since then it has just sat in my printing department sucking energy and taking up space. We'd like to get it out of here, but haven't had any luck trying to sell it (it is not operational and the ink is discontinued). Is there a preferred way to dispose of the printer, or perhaps to recycle it? If nothing else, I assume it's good for scrap metal.

I would take it out a field somewhere and beat it up like in office space. Get out all that aggression from the times it printed bad. Or head jammed. Sounds like a lot of fun. Where you located I might pick it up just to do it

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would take it out a field somewhere and beat it up like in office space. Get out all that aggression from the times it printed bad. Or head jammed. Sounds like a lot of fun. Where you located I might pick it up just to do it

+1

I got to lift a junk Mimaki JV3 up with a fork lift and drop it one time. It was very therapeutic.

Billct2

Sounds like an opportunity for a fund raiser...next trade show bring an old printer on a trailer and for $10 bucks you get to whack it with a sledge hammer.
Money goes to my retirement fund.

Sounds like an opportunity for a fund raiser...next trade show bring an old printer on a trailer and for $10 bucks you get to whack it with a sledge hammer.
Money goes to my retirement fund.

This is a pretty good idea. I bet you go to SGIA and get them to let you set up out front with a name brand printer. In that couple days I bet you would make easily $1000.

yorly

stop

We replaced our Colorspan 72UVX last year, and ever since then it has just sat in my printing department sucking energy and taking up space. We'd like to get it out of here, but haven't had any luck trying to sell it (it is not operational and the ink is discontinued). Is there a preferred way to dispose of the printer, or perhaps to recycle it? If nothing else, I assume it's good for scrap metal.

and as I remove the machine? I have a 72sr ColorSpan serves scanmotor of yours, thanks

wunder

We have all Parts on Stock refurbished and New !

New Printheads OEM 1pcs. 750,-€ + shipping and many many more ;-)

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you have a local makerspace, they may be interested in taking it off of your hands for the components inside. As you probably well know, many of the components inside are very costly to purchase individually and could be recycled into useful parts for 3d printers and other student projects.

Ditchmiester

We posted ours on here for free and it was gone that week. Ours did the same thing sat for a year plugged in just sucking juice. finally decided enough was enough.

dale911

President
I guarantee there are people here who would buy it for nothing but parts or throw it on ebay. I just bought a Fujifilm Acuity 1600 LED printer on ebay for less than 2k. it's doing what it should at this point, but if I could find another one cheap, I'd buy it for part. Fuji is selling that printer new now for $47k, but if I need to replace a print head (8 in total), they are $4666 each just for the part. Absolutely unbelievable that a set of heads is more expensive than buying a new printer and then you still have to pay a tech to put them in.

iceon

Tannerite and high-powered rifle. Blow it to pieces. It's a great feeling. What's better shooting guns and explosives and getting rid of headache.

SignKingAZ

Arizona Signs and Signwalkers

I could use some parts.. signkingaz@yahoo.com