Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to do vehicle wraps video........

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Screenanator, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Screenanator

Screenanator Member

Jan 30, 2008
    OK.....who's got the best overall video?.....who's video is a must buy and will help get me up and running?....whos shows both...design...and install....I'm not affraid to spend money...just affraid to throw good after BAD.

Tags:
  2. austinmultimedia

austinmultimedia Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Come on now, someone has to know of a good video out there. I'm more worried about install myself, but design would be excellent!

3. MrKoob

MrKoob Member

May 22, 2007
    Go to a class. Videos will show the basics.

4. redrubi

redrubi New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Go to Oralces web site. Signup and you can get a free video on dvd. I have not watched mine but ordered it when I was looking for there color selection catalog.

5. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    If design is what your main concern is then I would recommend some training videos on photoshop and illustrator or corel (I recommend photoshop and Illy) and do a serch on the forum for wraps search for K6 he has given some great info on scaling and what not in photoshop and then get some magazines that show wraped cars check out some of the custom car mags the designs maybe paint but you could do it with a wrap.

Good luck.

6. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Go to a class. A video won't tell you everything you need to know and it won't answer you when you have questions. You really need hands-on experience before tackleing a "for real" job. I watched the Oracal video and thought, "Hey! That's easy!" then I went to a class. Not as easy as they make it look on the video. And in a class, they go over the different types of materials and you'll get alot of free samples. Well worth the money.

Or find someone that's done it and get them to show you.

7. Artgunner

Artgunner Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Concord

Who is Oralces and do you have an address you can post here?

8. vinylbarry

vinylbarry Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
  9. Artgunner

Artgunner Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Concord
    LOL! OK... thanks. Interesting video.

10. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Try to attend an Oracal Wrap academy class. Best bet. It won't help a great deal in designing, but deals with some peripheral issues you'll need to know.

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    A video doesn't show you squat compared to goin' to a class.

12. redrubi

redrubi New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Good thing spelling don't Kount on the forum.. :Big Laugh But I could see where it might confuse someone who has never used their products.

13. thesignexpert

thesignexpert Active Member

Oct 21, 2007
  14. 2STRONG

2STRONG Member

Feb 6, 2008
    CORONA
  15. itzdeb

itzdeb Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Where would one locate a class?