• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to exit service mode on ROLAND Truevis LG-640

darrellcarpenay

Recently Roland LG Truevis installed by my tech, but it is stuck in service mode. Can anyone assist with exiting service mode? Power on and off with switch doesn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_8741 2.JPG
    IMG_8741 2.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 222

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Suggest turning the printer off with both power switches and unplug for 15 minutes. Restatrt and see if that does the trick...

darrellcarpenay

Update from the tech is that the machine always has SERVICE MODE available. The auto-maintenance / cleaning on the LG640 is quite regular also - every time you power on there is a cleaning and you should shake white ink daily.
Power on and off clears service mode.

Stormy7

Update from the tech is that the machine always has SERVICE MODE available. The auto-maintenance / cleaning on the LG640 is quite regular also - every time you power on there is a cleaning and you should shake white ink daily.
Power on and off clears service mode.
Hey, how you finding the LG so far, did you just get a new update on the first ?
Cheers
Alex

darrellcarpenay

Hey, how you finding the LG so far, did you just get a new update on the first ?
Cheers
Alex
The LG is my first UV printer. Roland apparently had some issues with he inks and that seems to have gotten resolved for the most part.
I've found that the maintenance on the printer creates a lot of waste ink, which I have never seen in the latex or solvent printers I've had. I believe the waste is more with the white ink option, so I switched to double cmyk for speed instead. So far, I think the waste ink and time for maintenance has decreased, but ink wastage is still concerning.
The print quality is good, but I just can't accept that the black ink just isn't black enough. Compared to solvent and latex black - this black is like a very dark grey. Roland needs to fix that.
The speed for 2xCMYK is fantastic, and the fact that it instantly dries is a huge plus - if you're going to blast out prints really fast, you might fall in love with this machine. For regular speed, I find the quality to be good, but I've noticed some minor banding which could be due to some adjustments required on my end.
The smell of the ink can be overwhelming - latex and solvent are way less obnoxious.
I haven't been able to find any media profiles for the printer online. You're stuck with the default profiles for now, and within those profiles aren't many options to adjust either.
Print cut option is smooth although I don't use it that much - I prefer to print and cut separately.
I would like to think that Roland is working on the issues with the printer to fix them. Let's see how that goes, but for now, I'd recommend you go with a VG3.