• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to expand my eps file for cutting?

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
trying to cut this logo. i need to remove the flame out of the o so i can cut that a seperate color. i can not get it to expand properly any help please. i have attached a pdf of it

Attachments

• Phoenix Logo.pdf
    117.8 KB · Views: 115

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
well i cut with flexi, but trying to edit or vector with illustrator. the customer gave me his cd with his logo has two on here an eps or a tif file. but its not expandable. never ran into this

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
You cannot expand this logo no matter what software. The only way to do what you are asking is to have a vector of it. If you are printing you might get away with rebuilding the letter in photoshop but that still won't allow you to cut on a plotter

jiarby

That file is a bitmap, not a vector. Send Eric some folding jack and he will redraw it for you much faster than you can yourself.

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
well i have it in .eps and .tif. the one i posted is a pdf just cause thats all the site would let me post on here to show you. i need to get it vectorized i need to put it on a van this weekend

jiarby

just because you have it as an EPS does not mean it is a vector, I will bet your EPS contains just one object.. the bitmap. PM it to me to see...

heyskull

Screeeeaaaammm.............

I have this of clients at least twice a week.
They send you a sh***y raster file, so you ask for a vector.
They ask in what format and you tell them "AI, EPS or PDF"
This is always what you get back the same raster file inside one of the above files!!!!!!

I have tried plenty explaining the difference and the only way is to show them on screen the difference between raster and vector.

It is pretty pointless asking the client to go to the original designer and get the original artwork as they will just end up being a**h**es.

Explain their is an artwork fee as their artwork measures 2.5" and was only made for letterheads and to blow it up to any working size above that it will need to be digitised as a vector.

I see you are a college freshman and I'm wondering if you just want us to do all the hard work?!

Just out of curiosity what software are you using as this would be fairly easy to re-create in any sign package as the letterstyles are standard and the flame would be a walk in the park to make?

SC

jfiscus

Rap Master
I'm not sure how well this wold work as cut vinyl either, and retain their brand integrity. I would assume that the customer would like to have the gradients in the lettering and flames. Red/blue/orange cut vinyl would look horrid.

Someone needs to either provide vectorized artwork or you have to redraw it (for an extra charge - this can sometimes motivate people, lol)
Then, find another local shop who can print/cut the vinyl for you.

I don't see how a shop could make it without a printer & an artist who doesn't know how to redraw something this simple (or understand the answer to your basic question), so I would like to take a guess and say you're a guy with a plotter in his garage?

heyskull

As jfiscus said "something this simple" should be easy.
If you can't do something this easy you are in the wrong job.

Maybe DrJ2Vinyl was trying to create this using his Cricut onto a 10'x5' and couldn't find the correct button to press!!! .....LOL

SC