• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to finish corners when wrapping box-shaped items

MikeyG

Hi there
I'm pretty new to wrapping, but having to learn quickly ('cos I keep getting asked to wrap things I couldn't even conceive of doing!)

Anyway, does anyone have, or know of, a guide to the best, neatest way to finish square corners?
For example, I've got to wrap a table-top. The table is big (about 3m x 2m) and the depth of the top is about 250mm.
Once I've applied the vinyl to the top edge, with all the excess overhanging the sides, ready to be applied, where should I cut to allow the edges to fold? Do I do a diagonal cut outwards from the corner? Or a square cut in line with one of the table edges? And then what do I do with the excess flaps in the corners?

And what about internal corners? There's a cutout in the middle of the table top. How do I wrap down into it?

I'm using a Hexis Polymeric vinyl.

I'm sure you guys know the best ways to do this and hide any raw edges!
I've searched and searched for a video or some such, but found nothing!

I'm also going to have to wrap a large plastic cube soon. Any advice on doing that, as well?

All input gratefully received! I'm on my own here, with a demanding boss, and you chaps (and chapesses!) are a lifeline!

Thanks!

2B

Justin Pate does quick videos on how to wrap a wide range of items.

http://sdgmag.com/videos

very helpful

the biggest point is making sure you have the correct material (cast conforms better) and use heat