Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get 3000+ font size

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by download, Feb 26, 2005.

1. download

download New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    I'm new here, and new to vynil cutting. Looking forward to learning.

I have a cutter on the way and was working on a project to cut, but I can't seem to get the font to go larger than 3000px in corel draw 12. Any help?

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I think you mean 3000 points which is a type measurement. PX is pixels and applies to bitmaps.

I just tried it and there does appear to be a 3000 point limit to point size in Coreldraw. The workaround is to convert the text to curves (Control + Q). At that point you can continue to enlarge the graphic.

3. Greg

Greg Member

Jul 30, 2003
    You lettering a water tower?

4. theroq

theroq Member

Sep 28, 2004
    FONTFREAK.COM

Is a website you can pay 6.00 or so for a load of fonts...... i know this isn't what he wants but it's tip...

5. download

download New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    lol. Not a water tower.
    Semi trailers
    It's cheaper for my family busniess to buy a plotter and do it ourself, rather than pay 2000+ a trailer, which we have been paying for years.
    Thanks for the tip on the font size. Now I'm able to create the right size. Thanks.