• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get a more accurate ink-level reading?

tedbragg

VersaWorks Dual gives ink level remaining in 25% increments. Is there any way to pull a. more accurate reading from the printer? Like from a network command line/web interface? I've used a Canon printer way back when that had an 'ink check' via a web interface -- it was surprisingly precise. Dual shows 'oh yeah, you've got enough for this little job', then it SLAMS to zero with inches to spare.

Yes, reorder at 25%. But it'd be helpful if I had a more detailed remaining level shown...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It depends on the model. Older Rolands were pretty bad at keeping track of ink levels. I'm not sure how well the new ones do but it is an entirely different system so I assume it's improved. For example, older Rolands would simply reset to 100% full if you pulled them out and back in again.

signheremd

On our XR-640 you just go to the machine, go to menu, go down like 8 times to Ink Remaining and open that. It is still bars, but they are more accurate bars.

damonCA21

The ink remaining is never that accurate, it mainly estimates based on the amount of printing done which is why you often get the warning there may not be enough ink to do a job when there is still plenty left. I can normally tell by just taking the cart out and feeling the weight

netsol

we keep a kitchen or postage type digital scale next to each printer & weigh weekly (daily if really busy) and record on an excel spreadsheet.

we have always done this, it keeps the vendors that refill my laser crtridges honest as well

Full weight/ Currentbweight/Empty weight
remember, waste continer is built into many laser cartridges you are never sure how much USABLE toner
you are getting