• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to get gradient to stay on arched copy

Mr. T

I am trying to get the gradient fill to stay with the text when distorted to an arch. The letters need to have a fade on them and I tryed to use the rounded gradient with poor results.
Thanks,
Tracy

Flubber

Type your letters then break the text apart group all letters then add the gradient you like then after that add the arch then you will need to separate the the distortion ok now you go in and select each and adjust the gradient " you have to do it one letter at a time"

Flubber

pm me if you have any other questions about it.....also if someone has a better way please post it....ty

Graphics2u

Apply the arch first and then fill with radial gradient and adjust it to fit the proper arc. You should be able to resize the text by using the bounding box and keep the gradient from changing but if you change the arc of the text or the size of the font or the properties of the distortion you will need to adjust the gradient.

Attachments

• Arched Gradient.jpg
    Arched Gradient.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Flubber

That works so much better than the way I did it.....Ty....I love learning easier ways to do things...:U Rock:

Mr. T

I used it and it worked! I just have to try to smooth out the gradient. It had some wierd bands in the fade.
Thanks,
Tracy