Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get mimaki Rasterlink pro 3 to work on windows 7 on 64 bit

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by oggy, Jun 26, 2013.

1. oggy

oggy New Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hi everyone

I have rasterlink pro 3 and was told I had to upgrade to version 5 to be able to use it on windows 7 64 bit.

After hours of trying to figure out how to make it work I found a way. Just like to share it here.

1. Install Rasterlink pro 3 as normal.

2. Download the latest printer drivers from mimaki (For JV33 mine was mkdriver_v340.exe) and install them

3. When you try and register your printer in the printer manager utility it will show an error like "MMK RLP

port" or something.

I think the problem is that rasterlink can't create the RLP port on windows 7 or something but I'm not too sure.

Anyway, what you do is copy these two files from your old windows xp 32bit computer, the file names are

RlpMon.dll and RlpMonUi.dll located C:\WINDOWS\system32. Paste these two files on your new computer here

C:\RstrLink\Hot\

The MMK RLP port error will go away.

I don't know weather this is common knowledge or if it has been posted before or even if what I did was right but

it worked for me and saved me $500 from upgrading. I've got copies of the two files if anybody needs them.

2. j2d2graphics

j2d2graphics New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I could use them

I could use the files if you have them still. Also does anyone know if Rasterlink 3 will run a jv3 160 sp

3. oggy

oggy New Member

Sep 4, 2011

I've uploaded the two files, I had to change them to txt so they would upload. You need to rename the extension as .dll

Best of luck, let me know how you get on.

Attached Files:

4. clstore

clstore New Member

Oct 7, 2013
    I download the files and i copy them to C:\RstrLink\Hot\ (first i changed the extensions to .dll) and it still dosen't work ... same error ...

I have the latest ver mkdriver_340 ....

i don't know what ealse i can do ... to make it work ...

my OS is win7 x64

and my machine is mimaki jv33-160

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  5. judsonsigns

judsonsigns New Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Printer Problems

I am having the same issue with Windows 7 X64, Printer CJV30 - 130, any ideas?

6. clstore

clstore New Member

Oct 7, 2013
    I don't know what to say ... on windows xp x32 works fine ... i'm haveing this problem only with win 7 x64 ...
    if someone has a solution please reply

7. bentotdagr3at

bentotdagr3at Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Sorry to revive this post but I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to run Rasterlink 4 and I'm getting the same error mmk rlp port error.

Help