• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get mimaki Rasterlink pro 3 to work on windows 7 on 64 bit

oggy

Hi everyone

I have rasterlink pro 3 and was told I had to upgrade to version 5 to be able to use it on windows 7 64 bit.

After hours of trying to figure out how to make it work I found a way. Just like to share it here.

1. Install Rasterlink pro 3 as normal.

2. Download the latest printer drivers from mimaki (For JV33 mine was mkdriver_v340.exe) and install them

3. When you try and register your printer in the printer manager utility it will show an error like "MMK RLP

port" or something.

I think the problem is that rasterlink can't create the RLP port on windows 7 or something but I'm not too sure.

Anyway, what you do is copy these two files from your old windows xp 32bit computer, the file names are

RlpMon.dll and RlpMonUi.dll located C:\WINDOWS\system32. Paste these two files on your new computer here

C:\RstrLink\Hot\

The MMK RLP port error will go away.

I don't know weather this is common knowledge or if it has been posted before or even if what I did was right but

it worked for me and saved me $500 from upgrading. I've got copies of the two files if anybody needs them.

j2d2graphics

I could use them

I could use the files if you have them still. Also does anyone know if Rasterlink 3 will run a jv3 160 sp

Hi everyone

I have rasterlink pro 3 and was told I had to upgrade to version 5 to be able to use it on windows 7 64 bit.

After hours of trying to figure out how to make it work I found a way. Just like to share it here.

1. Install Rasterlink pro 3 as normal.

2. Download the latest printer drivers from mimaki (For JV33 mine was mkdriver_v340.exe) and install them

3. When you try and register your printer in the printer manager utility it will show an error like "MMK RLP

port" or something.

I think the problem is that rasterlink can't create the RLP port on windows 7 or something but I'm not too sure.

Anyway, what you do is copy these two files from your old windows xp 32bit computer, the file names are

RlpMon.dll and RlpMonUi.dll located C:\WINDOWS\system32. Paste these two files on your new computer here

C:\RstrLink\Hot\

The MMK RLP port error will go away.

I don't know weather this is common knowledge or if it has been posted before or even if what I did was right but

it worked for me and saved me $500 from upgrading. I've got copies of the two files if anybody needs them.

oggy

I could use the files if you have them still. Also does anyone know if Rasterlink 3 will run a jv3 160 sp

I've uploaded the two files, I had to change them to txt so they would upload. You need to rename the extension as .dll

Best of luck, let me know how you get on.

Attachments

• RlpMon.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 484
  • RlpMonUi.txt
    5 KB · Views: 485

clstore

I download the files and i copy them to C:\RstrLink\Hot\ (first i changed the extensions to .dll) and it still dosen't work ... same error ...

I have the latest ver mkdriver_340 ....

i don't know what ealse i can do ... to make it work ...

my OS is win7 x64

and my machine is mimaki jv33-160

Last edited:

judsonsigns

Printer Problems

I am having the same issue with Windows 7 X64, Printer CJV30 - 130, any ideas?

I download the files and i copy them to C:\RstrLink\Hot\ (first i changed the extensions to .dll) and it still dosen't work ... same error ...

I have the latest ver mkdriver_340 ....

i don't know what ealse i can do ... to make it work ...

my OS is win7 x64

and my machine is mimaki jv33-160

clstore

I don't know what to say ... on windows xp x32 works fine ... i'm haveing this problem only with win 7 x64 ...
if someone has a solution please reply

bentotdagr3at

I don't know what to say ... on windows xp x32 works fine ... i'm haveing this problem only with win 7 x64 ...
if someone has a solution please reply

Sorry to revive this post but I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to run Rasterlink 4 and I'm getting the same error mmk rlp port error.

Help