• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To....Import Text from MS Word

OneUpTenn

Okay I have a large text file for a banner that I am creating. Customer sent it to me in Word Format. There are like a billion company names on this thing and I have tried everything from converting to .pdf--to importing into other programs and saving as .eps...among other stupid attempts. Copy and Paste of course does not work.

Question: How can I take this file from Word and Import it into either Flexi 8.5 or Corel so that I can edit the text as text and not objects.

Thank you so much... I don't want to retype all these.

OneUpTenn

When I do copy and paste it will not let me edit the text as text...I can only edit it as an object. This is the case in both Corel and Flexi.

GK

Paste it into notepad first, then reselect it from notepad and copy it and paste it, sometimes it retains the RichText and it thinks its an object and not an editable layer or text.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The trick is to select your text cursor, set your font and size, click on your workspace in Flexi or Corel as if you were going to type some text, and then paste in from Word.

Sign_Boy

Paste it into notepad first, then reselect it from notepad and copy it and paste it, sometimes it retains the RichText and it thinks its an object and not an editable layer or text.

That's what I was thinking:thumb: