• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to install patch

dortonracing

Ok call tech they got me a new patch to install, and I for the life of me cant remember how to install it, Im sure im just being a idiot right now, I tried looking for help too thanks.

TammieH

Software patch?

Should have an executable file that self installs.

Did it come with a readme file?

Or are you talking about a vinyl patch? For graphics?

dortonracing

software patch, I downloaded from fellers. it says in a zip folder and you extracted it, but how do I install after that. No readme

TammieH

does the file extension end with .exe? If so, just double click it, it should install itself

What program? You may be able to Google the "program name+patch"

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
What is the patch for? Smaller patches that aren't needed for everyone, ie a specific driver patch, don't come with a .exe file. The individual files are loose inside of the .zip file and you need to copy them to the folder that it shows in the .zip file. As you can see in the attached picture, this patch has two different folders that need to be updated. All the files under outputdrivers need to be copied into the outputdriver folder of flexi. The program folder contains both files and folders, see second image, you can only copy the files. Don't copy the folders as this could delete all of the other files within these folders. You just keep on copying the individual files into their appropriate folders. Once this is done I typically clear preferences in Flexi to be on the safe side bu this will depends on what the patch is for.

Attachments

• patch1.JPG
    patch1.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 82
  • patch2.JPG
    patch2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 135