Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install printed laminate wet or dry?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Annette Asberg, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Annette Asberg

Annette Asberg Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Aliso Viejo Californien
    Hi
    Today I will install some graphics that has been printed onto laminate and I just wonder if anyone has installed printed laminate and how you did it?

2. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Printed "lamination" does not have air channels, so make sure you take your time and try to avoid bubbles.

Laminate is usually thinner and needs extra hands to hold

3. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Did you laminate the printed laminate? If not, I'd be extra careful about scratching your print areas. There is clear vinyl that would make a better substrate for clear background decals, but we've used your method in a pinch with success as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Depends on the size. If it's not massive then I premask and install dry. If it's huge then premask and wet install. This is assuming no laminate on the print.