• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to integrate blog posts and or facebook updates?

S

scarface

Hey guys! I have searched around and can't find much.

My website is already created but i would like to have the latest blog entry display on my index page from a wordpress blog i have installed.

I can't find anywhere on how to do this exactly. My site is built off css and php right now.

I also would like to have a section where it shows the latest facebook updates from my facebook. Can't find much on that either.

I know that i could have built my site around wordpress to begin with but at the time i wasn't interested in doing so.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

HaroldDesign

You could build the wordpress blog, and link to it with a "Blog" button on your home page. Just one simple solution that could at least get it going and functional.

S

scarface

Yeah that works but i just wanted a latest blog entry area on my index page and have it update every time i make a new blog entry.

iSign

I know you can get the code to embed a twitter update on your website, and i know you can set your wordpress blog to also update to a twitter account automatically... so although I'm quite sure there should be a more direct path to accomplish your goal, you could use the combination of those 2 tools to get much of the same effect...

gabagoo

what is the true definition of a blog? I hear about them itand see and read them but I am not really sure how it differs from a web site. whats the deal?

Dan Antonelli

On the bottom left of our site we feed our twitter and FB fan pages. You can get the code to insert into your HTML from Facebook on your fan page (to the best of my knowledge, you can't feed a personal page - but I could be wrong).

Dan Antonelli

Thanks for the info on personal FB pages Dan.

You probably don't want to use your business setup as a personal page. FB eventually catches on to that, and plus it makes it so people have to 'friend' you instead of 'fan' you -

HeavyHitter

Thanks for the info on personal FB pages Dan.

You probably don't want to use your business setup as a personal page. FB eventually catches on to that, and plus it makes it so people have to 'friend' you instead of 'fan' you -

Thanks for the heads up. I have a lot of people who friend me from the offroad racing industry who just want to know what I am up to. I guess the situation is a little different as it is not all about my work on the personal page. I post somethings about work, some about offroad racing, some about total BS, and so on. I guess you can say the facebook page I use is more of a personal page.

I agree about the business page though. It is much easier for people to simply FAN your page. I have been meaning to set up a Fan Page but have not had the time to worry about it.

Dan