• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to kill a job

MikeD

I have a question about cancelling a job: how do you do it?!
While printing some black foil on 3M’s IJ3555, I see that the density is too high. I don’t want to continue printing; I want to stop the printer and make adjustments to the Black density. However, “Pause” or “Cancel” don’t seem to stop the printer. It just grabs the next foil and starts wasting it.
What would you do in this case? I don't want to just kill the power; I want to know the best- safest way to kill a job.

Thanks for the advice!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your right big toe. You'll be in so much pain the printer thing won't bother you any longer. By the time you're not feeling the numbness in your lower extremity, the job will be finished and you can then reset your density problems and start over again.

MikeD

Just heard back from Summa Tech support:
All I had to do was scroll down to "Reset" and the job cancels. I saw that button before but didn't really know what it was going to reset so I avoided it.
So that's how to kill a job on a DC4SX.. had it for a couple of months now and I'm learning more with each job. It's an awesome machine!
Thanks!

J Hill Designs

I dont have this printer, so take this with a grain of salt...

from the menu, go down to reset, press select 2

"When pressing Select2, the DC4 will reset. This reset is usually used for canceling
current print jobs or canceling non-fatal errors or alarms. A reboot will be necessary
after a reset."