• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make a majillion $

P

ProWraps™

see attached. good f*cking lord. i would smile to pay half. and feel stupid if i payed more than a quarter. but jesus christ. are you kidding me? this is unreal..

again see attached. $100+ for a f*cking roller. wtf? 3M BOOOOOOO! fellers or not BOOOO! again the fellers moto is certified MEANS buying from YOU. and yet you want to charge me THAT much for somthing to do my job TO BUY MORE MATERIAL FROM YOU!??? give me a break. $40 at most.

Attachments

• howtomakeamajillion.jpg
    howtomakeamajillion.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 127

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
One of the handles looks like a dongle... i guess Rep will need to get a crack for that too....

Oh c'mon now, you know I'm kidding

P

ProWraps™

One of the handles looks like a dongle... i guess Rep will need to get a crack for that too....

Oh c'mon now, you know I'm kidding
man thas one hell of a dongle. sh*t.

weaselboogie

*DING* *DING*

I knew that looked familiar!

My kid falls off his bike when I have a channel to wrap.
"Quit yer, crying. Just pedal around in circles really fast"

Attachments

• 180px-Training_wheel.jpg
    180px-Training_wheel.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 78
P

ProWraps™

man im wondering. because the local HD has a paint roller that looks the same for $5... ill keep you posted.

jasonx

Two Avery magnets down here are $40+. I think thats as bad as these rollers.

Avery 1005EZ kit down here is 2k.

grafixemporium

I will say, having used the $129 version, it's a very handy tool to have for getting into channels and grooves quickly and easily. The rollerpart is a soft spongy rubber great for getting vinyl to conform to odd places where a squeegee won't fit. It's hardly worth $129 though. I'd gladly pay like $29 for it.

Just another example of the ridiculous sign biz accessories that vendors and manufacturers are making a killing on.

Craig Sjoquist

never done a wrap but ... a roller made out of hard rubber ...shape etc does seem it's really pricey $ 20 yes for a less then a $10 tool to me ..I'd make my own ..if I needed that

SignsOfMaine

I think the guys who make those expensive special rollers, rivet wheels, squeegees, etc... simply lack competition. If there's nothing else exactly like it, then someone will pay it because the aggravation of using an inferior tool outweighs the 100 buck cost. It's super frustrating using the wrong tool for the job, especially once you've tried the right tool and it was so much nicer. There should be a choice of several 'right tools', otherwise you get crap like this.

I do laugh at some of the stuff in the fellers catalog, 2,000 dollar grommet machines etc.. though I know there are some businesses where you do like hundreds of grommets a day so maybe to someone it's worth it.

Wrapture

Tec, 3M had a promotion this month that if you bought a roll set of IJwhateverthetexturedsurfacestuffis they would throw in the roller. if you're going to buy the media anyway, saves you $100.

TheSnowman

I have been throwing all my worn Lil' Chizler's away when all I had to do was grind them down and resell them!

Dude, I'm totally going to try that. I wanted to buy one of those because I was so impressed w/ the commercials. I'll let you know how it goes!