• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make colors print like I see them?

GoodPeopleFlags

How do I make sure that my Edge is going to print the way I see it on the monitor? I'm sure it probably has to do with some kind of profiling, which I know very little about. I did recently calibrate my monitor with EyeOne Display 2. Very cool! I'm working on a small job right now that I have looking good on the monitor but the colors come out fairly different when I print it. What to do?

AND/OR.... in Omega 2.6, how do I change the opacity of an image? I have a logo and want to make it a ghost image in the background but can't figure out how to do that in Omega. I did it in Photoshop but again, the colors don't come out the way I want. Plus, Photoshop will rasterize it. I'd like to be able to keep it a vector and change the opacity in Omega.

Thanks!

GK

Profiling your monitor is the first step. You need to profile the materials you will be using as well as synchronizing your color settings in your workflow. If you own Creative Suite you can sync them through Bridge under Edit < Creative Suite Color Settings. I am not familiar enough to give you sound advice however when it comes to the Edge printer and Omega software.

Billct2

I don't think you'll ever get that type of syncronicity out of a gerber set up.
You should print a spectratone chart and a half tone chart to help with color selections.
Try using as many spot or spectratone colors to get nice solid colors.
Then after awhile you'll get used to how things will look. If I'm concerend I do a small test print first.
As for a ghost vector image you can try using a percentage of color, 50% or 25% but you'll still have a dot p[attern, so a sprectratone color may work best.