• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to make double sided stickers

bigben

I have a customer that have a security business and he want double sided stickers that he can put on windows like the one we could see for ADT or credit card in store. Size would be small like 3in X 5in. How would you proceed to make this? If you suggest to outsource, I have to mention that I'm located in Canada.

Thank you.

J Hill Designs

or on the edge:

print on clear:
first design mirrored, then white flood, black flood, white flood, then same design printed normal

bigben

Couple ways to approach it, there is a material called Gudy you can get. Sort of a double sided tape deal. http://www.neschenbrands.com/websites/sealbrands/neschen.nsf/htmlalias/gudywindow

If it's just a couple you need to make, You can print one reverse on clear, print one on white vinyl with a regular print, line them up, lay the white over the clear. Make sense? I wish I could describe better, but short on time.

I've tried this, but because the materials do not react the same the alignment was not perfect.

bigben

Might be something you could sub out to Stouse or similar.

yes, but stouse is not offered to Canada. I would love to find something similar here. I've found artech, but they are very expensive. It's like 1,90$ for a sticker 3inX5in.

Asuma01

Easiest way would be to find a printshop that can print color/white/color. Then have it printed on clear media.

Desert_Signs

Easiest way would be to have a printer that can print color/white/color. Then have it printed on clear media.

You could do reverse print on clear, laminate with white. regular print on gray back material. apply that over the reverse print. I've done this before and it works.. It's not ideal.

Asuma01

You could do reverse print on clear, laminate with white. regular print on gray back material. apply that over the reverse print. I've done this before and it works.. It's not ideal.

Yep. Much more work and materials though. Not ideal like you said.

ProColorGraphics

What printer do you have?

I run a VERY opaque adhesive film from Ritrama through my L360. It is designed for UV, but I found it works great in the latex. I will print one reversed on clear then line up the one printed on the Ritrama. The Ritrama film has a white adhesive and is nearly 100% opaque, so you don't see the opposite images when it is stuck on the window.

Here is the info on it: Ritrama 3-4525

reQ

I don't even bother with these myself anymore.... tried to produce them in house and to much headache/time etc. Last order of 5000 decals i made for a customer was done through my chinese supplier. Decals are perfect and my price was $0.40 each for 5x7 inch decals.

I'm a little late to this thread, but are you doing a short run? The Gerber Edge would allow you to print reverse on clear, laminate it with a vinyl that is an opaque enough white, then put it back in the Edge and print on top of the white. You just have to source a vinyl that is opaque enough for your needs. We make an 8 mil Convex GearWrap product that is plenty opaque. And we can cut the holes off a 15" roll when you buy it. You can get it as small as a 5 or 10 yd roll.

You can use the same process with an ink jet. Depending on what you have, re-registering it after laminating the white can be a challenge. The Gerber is sprocket fed, so it's not an issue. Printing a flood of white, black or grey, then white again is probably more expensive, but if you don't have a laminator... ? How opaque does it have to be is the question.

attachment.php

This is one for a church printed on "Snappy" brand clear window vinyl. The white laminate isn't super opaque, but it fit the bill.

I hope that helps,
Doug Goodloe
Product Manager
Graphic Marking Systems
800-232-8018

Attachments

• Parking-Stickers.jpg
    Parking-Stickers.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 311