• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make more money from your website No scams involved

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
I work at a sign company and one of the things I think 99% of sign companies miss out there is spending the right amount of money on marketing.

To put it simple lets say you get 1000 visitors every month to your site?

Lets say you don't measure phone calls but because of minor spelling mistakes, product oversights etc only 25 out of the 1000 call you... the rest of the people leave you site and go to the competition!

I'm not trying to sell anything or preach a get rich quick scheme but I can tell you for 4 years I've worked bit by bit to make my site better each day. The result is a huge amount unpaid traffic from the search engines and a lot of sales.

What's my secret?
There isn't 1, there are hundreds...

Every day look at your website, get your family, co-workers, gardener, pool boy or weird neighbor from across the street to give you feed back.

Install some type of anayltics and track the results, make changes and try to achieve a steady improvement by thinking "What can I do to make this easier and more appealing for the user."

There is no magic snake oil, every product and industry is different.

Here is an article I did about how I got a huge increase in sales from improving one product page.
http://davidhay.org/Tutorials/designing-for-usability-user-testing-from-feedback-army-made-me-1507.html

I don't work for feedback army or have any endorsements/kick backs. I don't think you really have to use them, you can use anyone as long as they give you good honest feedback.

Attachments

• feedbackarmy_changes.jpg
    feedbackarmy_changes.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator: