• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make my outline on a word or number solid with no lines or "cuts"

Meade71

I have Corel draw Smart Designer 12
I am having a problem with my cutting. When I create a logo,#,Words etc, it cuts just like it should, but when make it a 2 layer logo, the the back ground or outline color always has a bunch of random lines in it, I want it to be solid cut that I can apply my first layer right on top of.

Stanton

I have Corel draw Smart Designer 12
I am having a problem with my cutting. When I create a logo,#,Words etc, it cuts just like it should, but when make it a 2 layer logo, the the back ground or outline color always has a bunch of random lines in it, I want it to be solid cut that I can apply my first layer right on top of.

You are making absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I am a Corel Expert. Shoot me a PM.

ESL is fine. I can cope.

-Glenn

Meade71

Example
I want a Red " A " with Black Back ground, I cut the A no problem, but when I cut the black part, it has lines in it, rather than just being a solid cut that outlines the " red " A

Vinylman

Your' problem is the machine knows more than you do. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER outline red letters with black. Or another way to say that is don't outline black with red. It is a bad design concept.:banghead::thumb:

CES020

What software/plotter are you using? Sounds to me like it's putting weeding lines in to help you weed the vinyl in smaller pieces. It's a common option in most vinyl plotter software. What software are you driving the plotter with?

Kottwitz-Graphics

The questuon is how are you creating the outline? I fyour using the pen weight, you are destined for issues. If you are using the pen tool, ther eis a command "convert pen to outlines".

I prefer using an add on program that opens inside the corel program, and creates true outlines. I think co-cut will do it, but i prefer Signtools 4.

Techman

ive been using cocut for years to do just this kind of work. Its the best out there. Has been the best for years. All others are trying to copy what Cocut invented long ago.

dawg

i using router..

actually i break apart, ungroup everything..

export in eps 1 or eps 2 format..

manually throw away all unnecessary vector..

a letter with thick outline i using only the broken apart outline... thats the top and pocketing down the inner outline for letter top and outer outline for the background.. backgrpund might textured that also made a type of pocketing where a digital model of texture milled between vectors..

sardocs

QUOTE( a letter with thick outline i using only the broken apart outline... thats the top and pocketing down the inner outline for letter top and outer outline for the background.. backgrpund might textured that also made a type of pocketing where a digital model of texture milled between vectors..)

Well that certainly clears it up for me...

Meade71

Thank You guys for all your help, I found the problem.

Also. To the goofball telling me NEVER use Red on Black, it was just an example, Relax.....