• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make this sign?

Pideas

How is a sign like the attached photo made?

I think it's acrylic material being held with standoffs. I've never produced a sign like this before but wanted to find out if I could do it with my HP Latex.

full

showie

Clear acrylic with full cover digital print on a frosted vinyl, installed with stand offs and caps over the screws.

Pideas

Clear acrylic with full cover digital print on a frosted vinyl, installed with stand offs and caps over the screws.

So just print onto clear frosted vinyl and mount directly onto the acrylic?
Thanks for your suggestion.

2B

assuming you have a roll to roll HP instead of a flatbed
Also assuming you do not have white ink

print to a frosted material (reverse image), make sure to you use heavy ink coverage(many passes)
install onto the 2nd side (backside) of clear acrylic, this will show the correct orientation when viewed on the front side
mount using standoffs,

would suggest drilling the holes BEFORE applying the vinyl.

Pideas

Yes, it's a roll to roll HP latex printer with no white ink.

Thanks for the suggestions. For the holes, would any drill bit work on acrylic or do I need a special drill bit?

2B

Yes, it's a roll to roll HP latex printer with no white ink.

Thanks for the suggestions. For the holes, would any drill bit work on acrylic or do I need a special drill bit?

make sure your drill bits are SHARP.
we have a dedicated set for acrylic,

you are "supposed" to use special bits, but use what works for you.
we like https://www.harborfreight.com/titanium-split-point-drill-bit-set-29-pc-61715.html

NOTE: regardless of the bit you use, MAKE SURE you start with a small bit and increase one size at a time until you have the desired diam.
also, make sure to use tape on the front/back of the acrylic where you are drilling

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I use the step bits from Harbor Freight for drilling holes in acrylic. They're cheap and drill perfect holes. Have never drilled a pilot hole first, I just use the step bit.

Martin Denton

Best way to drill acrylic is with a tile drip (shaped like pointed spade). I can drill a piece of 5mm thick at 10mm from edge with 12mm bit with no risk of cracking. Best discovery I ever made ...