• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to make this?

bigben

Ok, i understand the print part and there is a illuminated pannel behind the letters. My question is how would you manage to light up just the letter part if the panel behind is rectangular?

Not sure if I'm clear? Thanks.

xxaxx

Not sure how you would do it yourself, but this company Luma Bright does it. You send them your art work and they custom build the light set for you based on your files ... pretty pricey though.

MikePro

research electroluminescant panels:
Luma Bright has a program you can buy into, to allow to order through them.... or you can learn to speak chinese, and order from overseas with your fingers crossed.

the multi-tier'd lighting effect comes from a controller and a bunch of foil-circuitry.

bigben

I understand the panel/product and controler part. My question is how to illuminate just the word part.

In my video, my guess is they cut the word in the blockout banner and stick the EL panel behind the banner. Then, only the word will light up. Am I right or you think it's a different process?

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I understand the panel/product and controler part. My question is how to illuminate just the word part.

In my video, my guess is they cut the word in the blockout banner and stick the EL panel behind the banner. Then, only the word will light up. Am I right or you think it's a different process?

That's one way.
You can either reverse cut opaque block-out material to only allow the EL panel to show through where you want...OR you can actually cut the el panel up so long as you leave the contact points in tact etc. That 2nd way it how you get the letters to independently flash with a controller. The 1st method is easier, cheaper, and less flashy.