• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to mount a turnable arrow

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I have a customer that needs a sign that has an arrow that can turn left ,right , and up.
My question is how would you mount it? A nut and bolt was my first thought but I would rather have something that mounts flush because it will be stacked with other signs when not in use.Velcrow would be a definite mabee but I'm afraid that they will lose them.
Any Suggestions?

Locals Find!

I would drill a hole in the middle of the sign and attach it to a simple u-channel post. When not in use you unbolt the whole sign put the nut and bolt away along with everything else.

Mosh

Use a machine screw with a flat head and counter sink the head, and a recessed arbor nut on the back. pretty simple.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Do the base on sheet metal and do the arrow on magnetic sheet.
Include a few extra arrows in the deal.

wayne k
guam usa

Sign Eagle

Use velcro, if they loose the arrow, sell them another, maybe they'll be more careful with the second, if not sell them a third.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We do this alot for Churches. We rout a circle with a planed arrow and rout a arrow in another color that snaps in place. Then we put a 2" x 2" square of Velcro on the a frame and the back of the Routed circle. We use 3mm PVC so it fits nearly flush with the lip of the A-Frame.

MikePro

i use velcro.

vinyl arrow on a circle/square media with velcro on the back... no point in spending time routing it out.... turnable arrows just scream "this is what I want, but I am unwilling to pay more than THIS"

MikePro

Velcrow would be a definite mabee but I'm afraid that they will lose them.
Any Suggestions?

make a few extras and put in a drawer.... upcharge a bunch to "remake" arrows for them. Heck, even pay the neightborhood kids a buck to go steal them every once in a while! :ROFLMAO: