• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to Mount this Banner?

ScottyAdams

Hey Guys,

We just did a large scale 14' x 3.5' banner for a store front. Originally we were just going to drill holes with washers through grommets to the face...However, The building will not allow this. Any ideas on the least destructive and most cost effective way of mounting this banner up there.

Attachments

• Huntington Store Front.jpg
    Huntington Store Front.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 137

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, here's where the old stuff comes from.......

How'd you pull a permit for doing this job, without presenting a detailed proof first ??
One cannot go around drilling holes in anyone's property without contacting them or the proper authorities to discuss what's happening.

Seems as if you aren't quite adept at pulling permits or getting proper approval before doing work for customers.

These are standard questions and procedures before accepting a deposit.

Pat Whatley

3M Command adhesive wall hooks. You're gonna need a bunch of them. For a more permanent solution you could have an aluminum frame welded with arms extending back onto the roof so you can weight them down to hold them in place. Whatever you do, however, is going to be risky. That's a big sail of a banner....a little wind gets behind it and it's going to do some damage.

Can't blame the landlord. Building facades get all jacked up looking from all the holes and silicone left behind when signs come down.

phototec

Wow, that's like building a boat in your basement, and then can't getting it out.

The building owner will not allow holes for mounting, this is going to be good, I can't wait to find out what you are going to do now, please post your final solution.

I'm thinking Gorilla duct tape is not going to work on that surface?

:omg:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can you bring it in under the awning and mount in the window area above the doors?
Some brackets or even a lightweight frame could be mounted to the aluminum extrusions around the glass.
A little engineering and some VBH tape would hold it securely in place without holes in the wall or frames.

wayne k
guam usa

sardocs

Can you snap bungy-cords vertically at every grommet point and zap-strap the banner to the bungies? I've done this in the past for temporary banners and it's held up in nasty weather.