Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to offset or create even outline.

Discussion in 'Corel' started by JJ, Aug 23, 2006.

1. JJ

JJ Member

May 27, 2006
    I'm trying to figure out how to outline something in Corel X3. In Autocad, it would be the offset command.

Take a look at my example. The desired result is an outline - with an even width around the rectangle.

The "bad" was a copy/paste + hold shift while stretching a corner.
    The "good" was the bad+shift/stretch corner, then shift/stretch top center. I suspect there's a better way.

I'm trying to apply this concept to text. I want to create an outline in one color of vinyl, and layer a second color on top - without having to manipulate each letter individually.

:help:

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    Use the Contour funciton; then 'Break Contour Group Apart'

3. T.O.3

T.O.3 Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Use the Contour tool. It is under Effects in the menu bar.

Good Luck....

4. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    JJ - Use either the contour OR...

Make your design >>> Place outline >>>> Convert outline to object >>>>> Place new outline around that object.

5. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Coutur tool

on your effects menu go to countur you should see a window pop uo that will give you the options of size, amount of countours and other choices. make one outline then break countour apart and that should give you what you want

6. JJ

JJ Member

May 27, 2006
    Contour did it. Thanks everyone!:U Rock: