• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to over print with white?

SignZone

I'm trying to do window decals but i'm having trouble on My Summa DC4. I can get the image reverse printed but I need white in the image. Yes I have a white cassette in the machine. To look good on the inside of the store I want to have an over print in white, but can't find out how to do it. Mask Printing will print the mask first. I want the mask last?

SignZone

I have clear in the machine but I can't find what setting to print white. How do I tell the machine to pint white, either in Illustrator or in ColorControl?

jenhuedepohl

Illustrator assumes that "white" is paper and treats it like an absence of ink. If you want white to act like a color you need to make a spot color swatch for it.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Not sure about AI but in Flexi you would import a spot color table> go to effects> finisher> and apply it from there.

SignZone

Thank you. I used the Overprint Fill option in Illustrator. Similar if I was DouSpot Printing. It worked. Would be nice if there was just a one click solution like the force black overprint. To bad you can't do white. thank you again.

PGSigns

When I do reverse print on clear I set the white under print in the summa printer controls and then reverse the printing order.
Jimmy

ColesCreations

As a Summa owner- go to www.digital-graphica.com

They know everything about Summa's.

Actually, I believe you CAN do auto white overprint- use CMY-mode, put the black chip on the white ribbbon cassette, choose black overprint- and it will overprint white. (At least this kinda stuff works in the DC1)