• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to politely ask for deposit before any work is started?

GypsyGraphics

How do you polite ask for a deposit????
polite schmolite.... be nothing but matter-of-fact... anything else could come across as negotiable... and your payment structure should be NON NEGOTIABLE!

I've often had clients ask me, what i "had in mind" for their project, before the deposit was received. My stock answer is "i don't have anything in mind yet, and when i'm on your project, you'll appreciate that my mind is dedicated to actual jobs and not what might be next."

heyskull

We now give the option that no job gets even looked at unless 50% or full payment is taken.
I have been burnt and out of pocket too many times now to expect any less.
Please remember as a signmaker we are not a bank or finanance company so we should not be treated as one.
If the customer/client doesn't comply let them walk, and burn some other sucker.

SC

ljsigns

We now give the option that no job gets even looked at unless 50% or full payment is taken.
I have been burnt and out of pocket too many times now to expect any less.
Please remember as a signmaker we are not a bank or finanance company so we should not be treated as one.
If the customer/client doesn't comply let them walk, and burn some other sucker.

SC

This is exactly how I feel.

Bly

I try and just slot it into the sales routine.
Sure we can talk about what we can do and what we've done before but before we actually do anything for a customer that's when I say "sure, just drop 50% into our account and we'll get right on it".
If they aren't happy to do that we don't want to work with them.
It's far too hard chasing money for months after you've done the work.