• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to position reverse halo lit and front lit letters?

biggmann

We have been asked to make some can letters but they want them to be lit from the front and reverse halo lit. I can make the letters and figured how to make them reverse halo lit but not how to make them both. I would need a shape in the middle of the letter to mount the leds facing forward and a place to mount the leds facing backward. How would I go about doing both?

visual800

Odd request. If i was faced with this i imagine you could lay the leds on the sides of the cans with a colored front and clear lexan backs. I dont know if that would work. The returns would have to be a little thicker than normal 5"

Maybe other suggestions would help. I cant imagine having a plate midways in returns with front and back facing leds, seems like over kill

biggmann

I thought of putting the halo leds around the inside of the return but i am still faced with the issue of needing a middle section to block out the different color lights, red for the front and then red halo. [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I know it can be done I have seen it but do you think I can come up with how to actually do it! [/FONT]

Moze

There are two ways to do accomplish what you're looking for.

The first, assuming you're using the same color for the front and back, is to mount your LED's to clear polycarbonate backs so that they're toward the face. The light will still reflect off the returns and the face enough to provide the halo illumination.

The second, if you wanted to use two colors, is to clip-mount a divider panel (aluminum or ACM) to separate the front from the back. The LED's for the front mount on the panel and face forward. The LED's for the back (halo) mount on the panel and face toward the back. You can lay diffuser vinyl on the polycarbonate backs to help diffuse the halo lighting.