• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to preserve heads while main board is out for repair?

CrAkD

I can't seem to figure out my cancelling issue so I'm thinking about sending my main board out to be repaired what do I do to preserve the print heads while the main board is out? Obviously the maint won't be able to power on and clean itself.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it is only for a few days, just leave the heads capped and run a cleaning once everything is up and running.

Some people would soak a lint free cloth with come cleaning solution, lay it on the cap tops and then dock the head on that. This will help the nozzles from drying out over a longer period of time but can cause a wicking effect that will pull all of the ink out of your system. You can just crimp off the waste tubes to avoid that problem. I do not recommend this method unless it's going to take longer than a week.

I have left printers sitting for over a week without any issues.