• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to price Summa?

GraphicVisalia

I operate a Summa DC4. I would like anyones opinion on how to quote jobs for the printer. I know a lot of factors are involved, but is there possibly a calculator somewhere.

thank%20you.gif

Jeff

PGSigns

No calculator that I have found and not sure I would like to design one. What I look at is type of material, how many colors, how many spot colors (some are much more costly than others), time to setup a print file, and weed prep time. I tracked my actual material cost and production time on jobs for the first year to develop my pricing structure for what I do most and it seems to be working OK. I do have a chart that I made that list my cost per running foot of material, cost of printing a running foot of 1 color, 3 color, four color, and cost per foot of the specialty spot colors. I add my shipping cost into this also. One thing that I did learn quick is that you need to plan your print jobs to minimize the changing of materials because every time you put a roll of material in one of these it is going to burn 3 feet of material. So if a job requires swapping materials say from white to clear you cost to change material alone is two running feet with one color to do a line feed calibration and 1 foot of just material. Make a sheet up like mine, determine your material cost, production time and cost, your factor for overhead and profit and you should be good to go.
Jimmy