Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to print a color chart versacamm

Discussion in 'Roland' started by hjlanda22, Jun 5, 2007.

1. hjlanda22

hjlanda22 Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Ok I have heard of printing a colorchart I guess it is also refered to s a pantone chart (I think) How can I do that? I have a versacamm 540V Is there something in versaworks that will print that our for me? or is it something I have to put together? Also How big is it?

Thanks Guys in advance

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I think you can download a chart at printingdigital.net

it was vector artwork, so the file size is not too much & the print size is whatever size you want. It's an array of swatches of varied CMYK values that are noted in the margins, so it is a substitute or an accessory along with a Pantone chart. Pantone may be somewhat of a universal language of color where a client can define a color by fax, phone or email & if you also have a pantone chart, you can look at the color they want... but can you print it, without a lot of trial and error?? If you print this chart, with your common profiles, on your common medias, and your standard speed, quality & resolution settings (which possibly should be printed out on top of the chart)

...then you know that as long as you are using the same inks, media, profiles & settings... you should be able to hit any color on that chart, simply be assigning the same CMYK values.

So, if you match your clients Pantone number with a swatch on your chart, you know you are able to print it.

3. hjlanda22

hjlanda22 Member

Apr 12, 2007
    thanks!

4. hjlanda22

hjlanda22 Member

Apr 12, 2007
  5. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Yeah, go to printingdigital.net, the host their, Barry, will be able to steer you in thw right direction.
    Ken

6. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    it's a pretty basic concept... you can make your own too... it doesn't matter whoose you use, if theirs is the same as some other, or if not... as long as the swatches really are the CMYK values they say they are... then you can benefit from it.

7. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Yep, that's it. I printed mine out and applied to a large sheet of DiBond. Tacked it up on the wall right by my monitor. I refer to it a hundred times a day. Literally could not do without it. It's about 42" by 46".

8. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee

Ditto.