• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to print quickly on Oracal 3651?

MrDesignGuy

I have 312 - 2' x 6' prints that I am printing side 2 up on 54" wide 3651. I am using the Oracal 3651 media profile and it takes about 45 mins just to print two. at this rate it will a month to print these!!! Does any body know of a profile that will print and higher speeds yet still produce a quality print? Also, I am afraid that if it prints too fast and I have the media attached to the uptake reel that it ink will not dry quick enough and cause it to stick to the backing paper. Maybe a higher heat setting??? Any ideas? :thankyou:

WrapperX

Check you profile that you currently have. Many of them have 4, 8, or even 16 pass counts built into them. The lower the pass count the less the quaility though.

I would say a slightly higher heat setting might protect you from ink blotting on the take up.

How comfortable are you in letting your printer run unattended into the evening. I personally wouldn't let it run OVER NIGHT per se - but if you felt comfortable with it. Why not let it run 2-4 hours into the evening afterhours. This will allow for you to be "off" while the printer is on. We've had success with running our Mutohs and I've run a Mimaki JV3 into the night unattended and it works out. Make sure your ink levels are up and that your take up is taped straight and you should be good to go.

SignStudent

I'm going to guess you have a Roland, since I have the 3651 profile and it only has one speed too. If I were you I'd just experiment with other faster profiles like the generic ones and see what works well.

MrDesignGuy

Yeah, the profile only lets me choose Uni or Bi directional, it is on bi to be faster. My boss asked me to run the printer all night and I told him that is not such a good idea. I told him at most I am only comfortable with about 4 hours of printing while I am away because problems do arise and time and money end up being wasted. I think I'm just gonna have to mess around with some of the built in Roland media profiles and heat settings.

MrDesignGuy

I'm going to guess you have a Roland, since I have the 3651 profile and it only has one speed too. If I were you I'd just experiment with other faster profiles like the generic ones and see what works well.

Yeah, the Soljet Pro III XC-540. im just gonna have to experiment.

J

john1

To be honest, i would have did the math before hand and outsourced it.

Typestries

We'd be happy to print those for ya if it doesn't work out on your end. We dont mind long runs at all.

If you have the time, look into an eye1 and build yourself a custom profile. Its a learning curve but well worth it.

Drip Dry

Use the Roland profile "GCVP" and then you can send it as high speed.
If your printer is in decent shape it should print OK

But I would still consider outsourcing it. Let someone else do it while your making money on something else