Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to print small details on vinyl with quality...

Discussion in 'Roland' started by banner, Feb 18, 2011.

1. banner

banner Member

Feb 11, 2011
    How to print small details on vinyl with quality, small text within images relatively small.

Example: Most of my clients have images with the size (3x5 cm) with sentences and logo within that small space and still charge me a lot of quality.

WHAT TO DO??

Tags:
  2. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    Be sure to use a vector file, and use the highest quality setting.

If that isn't good enough, then you are likely at the limits of your particular printer.

3. john1

john1 Guest

Yep vector file (ai. eps) and i'd use normal printing quality then if that wasn't good enough do high quality. I have done some small decals and i even used high speed and it looked great.

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    high quality fills in the letters sometimes depending on the profile. Use normal. I print battery labels that are 5 and 6 point type reversed on a dark background quite regularly and they are very legible.

5. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    While it is generally good to use something like 20/20/20/100 (CMYK) for a nice, deep, rich black, don't use this for small text; just 0/0/0/100.