• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to print solid fills on a cad plotter?

artbot

i hope there are some inkjet plotter gurus out here. i am in the market to buy a cad plotter (84" garment inkjet plotter with 4 HP45 cartridges). i spoke with a couple sales people on different models. the knowledgeable ones (seemed knowledgeable) say "sure you can print vector solids". but others just say, "nope just lines" "files of lines, ...no solid fills".

i went to trying to figure out what rip, or converter, or postsript... would allow this. but in the end i don't have the plotter here to test. and i have to confirm that they can do this. i'm lost. ...actually, i'd love it to just print a tiff. but that does seem out of the question after looking around.

so, can you print a solid black on a plotter? if so, what file type, what convertor? this printer accepsts, hpgl, hpgl2, dmpl, and dxf files.

thanks in advance.

aa

Mike F

Did some CAD work a few years back, I don't remember the plotters there ever printing out solid fills. Then again, I don't remember the work I was doing ever requiring a solid fill either. I want to say they can't, but then again I don't see why they wouldn't be able to either. Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer.