• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to print this?

GoodPeopleFlags

I need to print this image on Lexan, clear, and reversed (on the Gerber Edge). We've done them before but using the credit card image on the right. Now they want it distorted and to look like the layout on the left. The problem is, when I distort it, it has a white background that I can't get rid of. Well, I can get rid of it in Photoshop and Corel but can't get it into Omega without the background.

Even the fact that the background is on the image isn't the big problem because the Edge doesn't print it since it's white. The big problem is that the credit card image needs to have a white primer so the actual white parts will show correctly since it's being printed on clear. When I try a white primer at this stage, it prints it on the image with it's background, i.e. a square.

We thought we could create a shape the same size as the credit card image and tell it to print that shape white, like a primer. It told me to load white, it sounded like it was printing white, but there was no white.

Cutting white vinyl decals and applying them to the back isn't an option, either. There are too many besides the fact they don't want them like that.

I know this can be done! Please help! :thankyou:

Attachments

• RFCUcard2.JPG
    RFCUcard2.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 147

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The credit card image should be distorted and saved as a new image in Photoshop. You then need to create a vector in Omega for the white basecoat with cuts off, set the image on top of the vector and set the image to overprint the vector. Be sure to check the setup using the 1234 command in Composer. When you print it simply reverse both the image and the print order in GSPPlot.

GoodPeopleFlags

Thank you, Great Gerber Guru! I almost figured it out myself but I wouldn't have thought of putting the overprint on the image. That did the trick!

I just started at a new shop and it's been a few years since I ran Omega and the Edge so this won't be the last time I'll be needing some tips. Thank you! :thumb: