• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to Recreate This

SAR.Summerlin

So I have been trying to recreate this globe for almost an hour can anyone tell me how or point me in the correct direction to how I can recreate this in Illustrator. Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 135

Pat Whatley

Draw blue circle
Draw rectangles matching the width of the bars
Inline the blue circle
Cut the inline shape from the bars
Draw and oval to match the top cutout of the bars
Cut that out of the bars.
Be done

Attachments

• circle.jpg
    circle.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 98
  • circle.pdf
    1.9 KB · Views: 151

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
-- Draw blue circle

-- Draw rectangles matching the width of the bars

-- Select and compound the bars

-- Copy and paste the blue circle on front of bar and circle (command +F), then size to match the bar cut-off

-- Select bars and blue radius then Window>Pathfinder>Intersect shape area (HIT EXPAND)

-- Draw and oval to match the top cutout of the bars

--Select bars and blue radius then Window>Pathfinder>Subtract from shape area (HIT EXPAND)

Bobs yer uncle...

TammieH

Honestly?

Pat, you went above the call of duty...hope at least you made SAR's Christmas list LOL

SAR.Summerlin

Honestly?

Pat, you went above the call of duty...hope at least you made SAR's Christmas list LOL

I agree thanks for the instruction and the pdf. I am going to go ahead and do it myself (that's the only way I will ever learn) but having the pdf helps. Now if I can just get my curves correct all will be good. You guys rock :smile:

MrSalumi

If I couldnt recreate this, (which I could) I would send it to the vector doctor and pay him is fee. While he was recreating it for a completely reasonable price, I would drink a beer and watch some TV.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If I couldnt recreate this, (which I could) I would send it to the vector doctor and pay him is fee. While he was recreating it for a completely reasonable price, I would drink a beer and watch some TV.
I had the right procedure I just got them out of order.
Draw logo - THEN drink beer....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 113

SignProPlus-Chip

Not to sound harsh, but seriously, an hour?

Are you not familiar with AI? Not a graphics person etc?

I'm just not seeing what the difficulty is here, it should take about 5 minutes.

So I have been trying to recreate this globe for almost an hour can anyone tell me how or point me in the correct direction to how I can recreate this in Illustrator. Thanks in Advance

signmeup

I could....but it would end up looking like a strange oval. :ROFLMAO:

To the people giving this guy hell - if you can't say anything nice or helpful, shut it. Not everyone knows how to do EVERYTHING in every program out there. If you've never done this type of thing with pathfinder/combine tools, it's not as obvious as you think.

And even if it is....no need to try to make someone feel stupid for asking.

Obvious is not a word that applies to any procedure in Illustrator... possibly the single most un-intuitive piece of software ever produced.

:popcorn:

Marlene

If I couldnt recreate this, (which I could) I would send it to the vector doctor and pay him is fee. While he was recreating it for a completely reasonable price, I would drink a beer and watch some TV.​

me too!

SAR.Summerlin

I could....but it would end up looking like a strange oval. :ROFLMAO:

To the people giving this guy hell - if you can't say anything nice or helpful, shut it. Not everyone knows how to do EVERYTHING in every program out there. If you've never done this type of thing with pathfinder/combine tools, it's not as obvious as you think.

And even if it is....no need to try to make someone feel stupid for asking.

Thank you for defending me Pat. I do know Illustrator pretty well (corel not at all). I was just having a blond moment (and I am brunette) the hour included cleaning it up enough I could see lines and trying to identify the fonts. Plus phone calls, boss over shoulder etc. I didn't want to sound like I hadn't tried before asking which is why I said the hour. Oh and btw I'm a girl. :smile:

TammieH

Illustrator non-intuitive? Say what? Dems fight'n words!!! Corel is the most clunkiest piece of software ever dreamt up, :banghead: I'd rather design in Omega first.

Which makes Omega the second worserestist piece of garbage that ever came out of a box. LOL:Big Laugh

Seriously, I guess whatever you learn to design in is best! :)

signmeup

Illustrator non-intuitive? Say what? Dems fight'n words!!! Corel is the most clunkiest piece of software ever dreamt up, :banghead: I'd rather design in Omega first.

Which makes Omega the second worserestist piece of garbage that ever came out of a box. LOL:Big Laugh

Seriously, I guess whatever you learn to design in is best! :)

No soup for you!