• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to register for a die cut?

ahgrafx

How to register for a contour cut?

I am trying to cut printed stickers with a oontour cut. In my last job I set them up all day, one print file with registration dots and then a contour cut file with the same dots in the file. But never actually did the cutting myself. At my new job I need to learn, I am using flexi 8.1 and the plotter is a Vinyl Express Q160 and the file I am printing is a pdf and ive saved the cut file as an illustrator 4.
thanks in advance for you help.

Last edited:

ahgrafx

I think I found the correct documentation and am figuring it out but it says my pinch rollers have to be outside the registration marks what if I have several to cut and I cant just have the pinch rollers on either end of a 54" roll I don't think that will work

J Hill Designs

I think I found the correct documentation and am figuring it out but it says my pinch rollers have to be outside the registration marks what if I have several to cut and I cant just have the pinch rollers on either end of a 54" roll I don't think that will work

I would think just the outer ones have to be outside the reg marks, you can most likely still use inner ones

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
From Flexi you only need to send 1 file, and it will split the contours to the plotter and the image to the printer. You just have to set the contour cut in Flexi.