• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to remove light rust stain on plastic sign

Does anyone have a good way to remove slight rust from the back of a White opaque sign face(lighted sign box). Customer has little money & I am trying to flip sign over and use the back of sign(the front is kinda yellowed). During these tough times, I am trying to help my long time customer save some $$$. If you have a good constructive idea I would appreciate it!
Thanks
the Falcon

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Naval jelly is a tried and true product for removing rust stains. To be safe though, test it is a small area and check it the next day to be sure it has not damaged the plastic.

cdiesel

Try CLR. It's in a grey bottle and can be found at WalMart or HomeDepot. Like Fred said, I'd try it in a small spot first.

CheapVehicleWrap

Eastwood has a decent product for that. Metal Prep I think it's called. It's a blue spray. I've used it on our outside lift too. Don't forget to oil the cables too.

Fitch

Lemon juice.

Place on the stain, leave for a while, daub off. Repeat until gone.

I had a well rusted stain in the carpet of my boat where someone left an anchor. I bought it second hand so have no idea how long it was there, but half an hour later - all gone.

Cheers - G

daveb

General Know-it-all
If everything else fails try a little Bon Ami, if it mires the surface a little buffing compound should take it right out.:cool:

John L

"Greased Lightening" from Sams Club, AutoZone, or many other places. You have to scrub a little, but it works and doesn't ruin plastic or awning fabric.