• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to remove old vinyl?

Auto-Graphs

:help

Hello Everyone, I recently received a job replacing the business logos on some stainless tankers and was wondering if anyone had any good tips on how to remove the old logos. The old stuff is cracked and worn. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks................Auto-Graphs.

RebeckaR

You may want to do a search through past threads. This is a topic that's been discussed a time or two.

Jillbeans

I make my cat lick 'em.
That nice scratchy tongue of hers works real well.
:)
No, I really use heat form a hair dryer (heat gun is too hot) and a L'il Chizler.
Get rid of the glue residue with Rapid Remover.
Then clean with Rapid Prep.
I have also heard of folks using a wallpaper steamer but never have tried it myself.
Best way is to tell the client you charge $50/hour to remove old vynull. They will usually get a minimum wage employee of their own to do it for you.
Love....Jill

Auto-Graphs

Thanks

Understand.....do a search. Will do. Thanks for the hair dryer tip I was planing to try my heat gun so I'll have to steel my daughters HD. So what is the going price for the MBX Zapper?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here we are on-site taking some vinyl off........... a little heat.... Okay, maybe a lota heat......... :Welcome:

tank flame thrower.jpg