• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to replace dampers on a dx7 printhead

stealey

hi i am having issues with my gotx printer, i have a few full nozzles missing on certain colours and a normal clean is not getting them back. i can see some air in the lines aswel. i have soaked the heads but thats not helped, i seen online someone mention to change the dampers, i have a few spare sets of dampers but no idea how to change them, can anyone help? thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Not all DX7 printers are setup the same but should be similar. The dampers are inside the head. The general procedure is to empty the machine of ink, disconnect the ink lines from the dampers, pull the dampers out, clean the manifold with cleaning solution and then slide the new ones on. You can skip the emptying of the ink part but be prepared for ink to drip out when disconnecting the ink line from the damper.

adamfromayr

Im going to try these for the BN20

Fair price and genuine ?
Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 10-44-14 Original Genuine Roland Damper Ink IHP2 XR-640 - Josero Spares.png

adamfromayr

I will make a video doing changing dampers this week and upload

Thing is i must wait on a DX7 head t come

You cant fix something thats totally goosed look inside this printhead of mine?

I tried to steam clean it

But all the insides were hard ink hence some iof the issues ive been having

I did buy these 2 x used NON-working printers cheap so im not complaining guys!

Also ive now loads of experience in fixing them now which will help me repair any more i buy and sell on now!

DSC03370.JPG

adamfromayr

Not all DX7 printers are setup the same but should be similar. The dampers are inside the head. The general procedure is to empty the machine of ink, disconnect the ink lines from the dampers, pull the dampers out, clean the manifold with cleaning solution and then slide the new ones on. You can skip the emptying of the ink part but be prepared for ink to drip out when disconnecting the ink line from the damper.
Hi i wonder what the "cost in ink" is when you drain all the lines?

adamfromayr

hi i am having issues with my gotx printer, i have a few full nozzles missing on certain colours and a normal clean is not getting them back. i can see some air in the lines aswel. i have soaked the heads but thats not helped, i seen online someone mention to change the dampers, i have a few spare sets of dampers but no idea how to change them, can anyone help? thank you
I had the same issues

Something no one really says is you can have air in your lines?

Check all the small BRASS Couplers! when i removed them guess what! Half the rubber o-rings were worn or split

This would allow air in

i replaced all the o-rings and tightened up the brass nuts!