Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to replace dampers on a dx7 printhead

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by stealey, Nov 4, 2019.

1. stealey

stealey Member

Apr 28, 2016
    MANCHESTER
    hi i am having issues with my gotx printer, i have a few full nozzles missing on certain colours and a normal clean is not getting them back. i can see some air in the lines aswel. i have soaked the heads but thats not helped, i seen online someone mention to change the dampers, i have a few spare sets of dampers but no idea how to change them, can anyone help? thank you

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Not all DX7 printers are setup the same but should be similar. The dampers are inside the head. The general procedure is to empty the machine of ink, disconnect the ink lines from the dampers, pull the dampers out, clean the manifold with cleaning solution and then slide the new ones on. You can skip the emptying of the ink part but be prepared for ink to drip out when disconnecting the ink line from the damper.

• Informative Informative x 1